May 11th, 2013 by Shibani
This morning, Myle surprised me with this sweet little poem that she so effortlessly penned down after I excused my laziness by saying that mysterious beings held me down, and were not allowing me to get up from my bed. Hehe! Cute, isn’t she?
A twitter on my window sill
Calling out to me
Come on wake up u lazy bones
It is time for a happy world to see
But mysterious beings hold me down
Slumber folds enveloping
The sounds of the world come from afar
In a dream I shall chirp and sing !!
March 27th, 2013 by Shibani
Hump-ty Dump-Tea sat on a wall,
Hump-ty Dump-Tea had a great fall.
And that was the end of it all.
February 15th, 2013 by Shibani
A wonderful you reverberates
A glee to everyone
With a quiet demeanor
You distribute candles of joy
Alight with love
Your cherry face blossoms
And the pictures tell a story
Behind the bonds, the reflected summary
Your helping heart with luring sincerity
The austere presence for an occasional thought
As spelt forth, the soft voice is heard
Through your being, in golden galore
I’m sitting in a rarefied bubble
With a sweet glimmer kept aside
Hope’s just not gone unaware
And I look at you once again
Like every time, I just do, in awe
I’m still speechless and wonder if I deserve this. Touched…
February 1st, 2013 by Shibani
Brilliant and exceptional
January 14th, 2013 by Shibani
The Anthurium bouquet from ‘Surprise’. I was quite surprised
December 29th, 2012 by Shibani
Rest in peace, dear girl. You fought bravely, and died for ever woman in this nation. Prayers..
Yes, she died for every woman in this nation, for helping us realize in what kind of times we live in and how bad the situation is. It’s sickening thinking about the state of affairs and how politics will mold it for their own benefit.
More than 6 decades ago, our nation got its independence from the British raj. What have we done with that? Have we even lived up to the sacrifices that Azad, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev, Bose, etc. made. Have we justified that bloodshed? Are we really free? This was one gang rape. What about the others that go unaccounted for. What about dowry deaths, female foeticide, child labour, etc.? I feel disgusted being a human today, disgusted and helpless. I want to see a change in this country. I want to be truly free.
Jinhe naaz hai Hind pe woh kahan hain?
September 8th, 2012 by Shibani
Spent the afternoon with niece (3 yrs) and newphews (5 yrs & 7 yrs). Made them play Pictionary, Simon Says, Blind Man’s Buff, Crocodile-Crocodile, etc. Got a recap of my own childhood. Have learned new numbers – Photty One, Photty Two, Photty Thee, Photty Pho and so on, new words like Gleen and Kalo but nothing compares to their question when they saw a gaay – Cow Mein Che Doodh Kaise Nikalta Hai? Their sad and disappointed faces when I said good-bye to them broke my heart.
July 16th, 2012 by Shibani
Auto-correct, you are a huge pervert. You have a mind of your own and it’s dirty. How and from where you get all those naughty ideas is completely beyond me. In the last few weeks that we have interacted, you have never failed to amuse me. You don’t believe me? Check this for yourself..
Here’s what I meant… and what you said, and got me embarrassed.
- I’m fine… I’m gone (telling someone that I’m fine.. live and kickin’ and you interpreting that as just the opposite?)
- Unconditional love… Unconstitutional love (yeah, this was when I was giving gyaan to someone about the purity and sanctity of love but you had to defame it by calling it unconstitutional. So much for my gyaan)
- I’m saving you.. I’m dating you (really! I was just trying to tell someone that I was saving him the trouble or reworking)
- Good night… Good mouthy (you could’ve spared a harmless good night wish)
- I can’t make it… I can’t make out (shame, shame. Stop insulting me)
- Smile kar… Smile liar (I was trying to cheer someone up. Was really an effort… and you ruined it by calling her a liar)
- I am kidding you… I am kissing you Whom are you making me kiss?
- Wolfpack… Applejack (a sure shot way to piss Wolfman off)
- Are you busy… Are you busty (Yikes! Talking to a fellow and being cautious not to disturb him… you made sure he was distracted and how)
- Are you feeling better… Are you feeling neuter (You wanting to neuter my friend will never, ever – ever want to make him feel better)
- A teddy bear for you to cuddle… A teddy breast for you to cuddle (Seriously! WTF! My friend’s unwell and you’ve totally misinterpreted my clean intentions)
- I can’t view your post.. I can’t view your p*$$y (HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU DO THAT TO HIM! Mereko kahan mooh dikhane layak nahi choda tumne, auto-correct. No wonder my best friend was ill for a week after you spoke that nonsense to him)
- I am thoroughly sleep deprived… I am thoroughly fellatio deprived (*Choke* *Gag* Reading that)
- I will find you… I will grind you (Said to a girl. Now auto-correct wants me to switch sides and change my orientation)
See what I mean? You’d better straighten up your act. I understand that you’re always in a rush but this… heh! But I must thank you for the laughter and the silly giggles, you’ve managed to brighten up my days with your silly goof-ups.
April 14th, 2012 by Shibani
I left home an hour ago feeling pretty miserable. I went for a walk around Bandra lanes searching for answers. I was just a few minutes away from home feeling even more lost when I ran into an old lady who stays a lane away. I used to see her often at one of my previous work places. Jean is sweet, humble and always has a blessing on her lips for everyone she meets. Just a few seconds talk with her and I was in a different frame of mind. Sometimes all it takes is a smile/hug/flower/sms/just a kind word to reinstate your faith that there is a higher power, call it God or Nature or Lifetron, something that sustains us and wants us alive, even when we think that we have lost it all. There is hope. God bless you.
January 12th, 2012 by Shibani
We have a new recruit in office. We call him C.P.C. For people well versed with digital media and the way it works, C.P.C stands for Cost Per Click. It also stands for Cute Pussy Cat. Yes, C.P.C is a cat.
C.P.C. is the coolest cat ever. He comes to our desks and sits with us. On days, he even stares at our monitors and supervises our work. His favourite activity is to rub himself against our jeans and get pampered by all. So much so that a few days back, he ran all the way from the garden area to the gate to greet me and get his daily dose of love and affection.
This feline takes lunch time very seriously. As soon as anyone is out in the garden area with his or lunch box open, C.P.C. makes the cutest face that it gets impossible to not feed him. These days he’s been practicing high jumps. He doesn’t hesitate to jump up to anything wielded at him.
Here’s him: http://twitter.com/#!/Doveye/status/133857445234745344/photo/1 Hehe. Some idiot tied a leash on him. Cats are free souls!
Update: Feb 04 C.P.C. is no more. He got ran over a car on the 1st of this month. Very tragic. Will miss you dearly, my friend. Rest in peace. Thank you